Lightroom develop module provides a strong productivity feature – the capability to modify group of images simultaneously.
For example, updating White Balance for a sequence of images can be done once instead of per image.
In order to do so:
- Goto develop module
- Select the images you would like to modify
- Use Control (Windows) or Command (Mac) key to choose specific photographs
- Use SHIFT key to choose sequence of photographs
- Press Control (Windows) or Command (Mac) key and see ‘Sync’ button changes to ‘Auto Sync’ (See Figure 1 & Figure 2)
- Click on ‘Auto Sync’ button
Once ‘Auto Sync’ is enabled, develop module operations are performed on all the selected images.
Clicking on ‘Auto Sync’ again returns to standard behavior.
Note: Once performing modification to group of images it might take few seconds until you will see the change reflected on all thumbnails (depending on compute performance & number of selected photographs).